Want to join us?
Nothing could be easier!
By foot, by bike, by car, camping-car, bus, boat, train, airplane, it is now up to you to choose your means of transport.
By the hiking trails (Santiago de Compostela, the Long Crossing of the Equestrian, Pedestrian and Mountain Biking Jura, GR9, the Sun Paths, the path “On the foosteps of the Huguenots” and the GR of the Léman balconies).
In Seyssel, with the ViaRhôna that passes along the Tourist Office.
A motorway exit serves our territory on the A40.
The A41 (Annecy, Chambéry), the A42 (Lyon) allow you as well to join the Haut-Rhône.
We are 125km away from Lyon, 40km away from Geneva, 50km away from Chambéry, 35km away from Aix-les-Bains and Annecy.
If you want to know the state of roads and the traffic, you can go to the website Savoie Route.
Pitches for motorhomes are available all year round in campsites and motorhome service areas.
Several bus lines serve our territory (click here to know all of the lines).
- Seyssel – Annecy (line 21)
- Annecy – Frangy – Valserhône (line 22)
- Belley – Anglefort – Chanay (line 143)
- Frangy – St Julien en Genevois (line 13)
- Seyssel – Valserhône (line 133)
By the Rhône.
From Aix-les-Bains and/or Belley, you can join the Haut-Rhône by pleasure boat by crossing through the Belley and Chautagne locks. A marina and a river halt will allow you to park your boat in Seyssel.
With the opening of the Anglefort and Virignin locks, the Haut-Rhône re-establishes a link with the fluvial navigation. Progressively, the pleasure sailors and their boats reclaim these 100km of navigable ways. It is thus possible to join from Seyssel, the Bourget Lake through the Savière Canal.
A few characteristics on the navigation on the Haut-Rhône:
- Speed authorized outside of restriction zones: 18km/h and 6km/h on the old-Rhône of Belley and Brégnier-Cordon, bank strips and intermediate lock basins.
- Width of the channel: 16m minimum
- Number of locks open to pleasure sailors: 5
- Dimensions of the Chautagne and Belley locks: 40m long and 5.25m wide
- Clearance under bridges (excluding PHEN): 6m (except Seyssel bridge).
- Guaranteed depth in the channel: 2m.
- To navigate on the Haut-Rhône, you must have a VNF sticker.
We remind you that before your departure, you must consult the weather and the navigation conditions. To do so, you can consult the following website: www.inforhone.fr. We also advise you to consult the notices to skippers issued by Voies Navigables de France.
You can stop at the TGV station of Valserhône, Aix-les-Bains or Annecy. TER trains will allow you to reach the Seyssel-Corbonod, Culoz, Rumilly or Virieu-le-Grand stations.
Several airports surround the Haut-Rhône
- Chambéry (Savoie),
- Annecy (Mont-Blanc),
- Lyon St-Exupéry.